Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Poem About Me by My Great Grandpa Ben

My great grandpa Benjamin Ray Crume was an awesome influence in my life.  He is my dad's grandfather.  He was fairly old by the time that I got to know him.  He wore a pocket protector that poked me when he hugged me.  He used to go search the dump for "treasures" and bring us things when he saw us.  I remember him giving me a curling iron.

He was always joyous to see me and made me feel good to be around him even though I found it difficult to bridge the age gap.  He lived in San Diego and loved nature.  He was a song writer and poet.  I believe I get my love of writing from him.

I recently found a poem he wrote about me that I love.  It's the most wonderful thing for any girl to hear from her grandpa.

A new addition to our family is little "Danielle". 
To say how much we love her, there are no words to tell.
Such a happy little girl every single day.
I pray that all her life she may be that way.
The twinkle in her pretty eyes; Her smile is like the sun.
Whenever she just turns it on she's charming everyone.
She is full of joy and wonder, and mischief too, at times,
But my heart swells in ecstasy when on my lap she climbs. 
Her childish charm and winsome ways really cast a spell.
Oh!  How we love that little jewel, "Darling Danielle".  

By Her Grandpa-Grandpa

I love you, Grandpa Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment