Monday, January 23, 2017

Why Did I March?

Why did I march? Integrity, compassion, and equality are of utmost importance to me, more than any political views. The person elected in office shows absolute disregard for these values, to the point where he boasts about being the opposite.  I stood up to show the world that I don't agree with the system that elects someone that the majority of the people didn't. Progress is incredibly important to me and this feels like huge steps backwards in critical areas such as basic human rights.  I stood up to represent many more that wish they could have, but couldn't - people that have genuine concern for their safety and freedom.  Not freedom of possession but actual physical freedom.  Something that those judging right now must have no clue about... or they would understand.

I feel flared up about making real impact now, to be the change I want to see. I don't care if you disagree or discount it. I have no patience for you saying you don't understand.  I don't want to hear your criticism about what I should do instead.  I have no choice but to be represented by our president so I wish him the best... I absolutely hope that his "change" creates an overall positive effect. I never lose hope, but I do lose patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment